Sunday, August 30, 2009

MONKHOUSE/STRIKNIEN D.C. - GLUE BAG/...FROM THE DEAD ROOM SPLIT CD

Monkhouse/Striknien D.C. - Glue Bag/...From The Dead Room Split
Belfast/Dublin, 1996, Rejected Records, CD

About time I got this one up here! I can't really stress enough how excellent this release is, possibly the best to ever come out on Rejected in my humble opinion. I could rant on for ages about how getting this cd around 96/97 pretty much exposed me to the fact that there even was an Irish punk scene. Monkhouse were one of the more prolific of 90's Northern Irish bands with a variety of releases on various labels, songs with incredibly heartfelt lyrics about isolation, alienation and dissatisfaction, I'm just pissed I never got to see them live. Striknien D.C. pretty much are/were 'dublin punk' personified and these tunes I feel really were their strongest, don't think I could ever listen to 'Drugs Crisis' without it raising a smile.

2 comments: