Sunday, April 5, 2009

THE GOLDEN HORDE- IN REALITY LP

The Golden Horde - In Reality LP
Dublin, 1986, Media Burn Records, Vinyl LP

More again from The Golden Horde, I've been pretty much hoovering up anything I can find of this band in the past few weeks, also alot of conversations I have had about this blog with people seem to show that there is a lot of love out there for these guys. This band smack of rock n roll abandon, from the guitar licks to the excellent vocals of Carmody it's all gold.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when I was first visiting dublin,the name Golden Horde was everywhere. But,everyone I knew dismissed them as "indie". It was only when I moved to dublin I took a chance on one of the records,wish it didn't take so long. Now I need to find all those old records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a hell of a lot of non album gems on the EPs too - the b sides of I NEVER CAME DOWN, FRIENDS IN TIME, 100 BOYS etc.... if you can find them at this point.... I may have to do another round of ripping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent stuff.


    friends in time and 100 boys ar classics.

    neil c carlow.

    ReplyDelete